A mountain was broken down one rock at a time

Yes I just made my weight loss journey a comparison to breaking down a mountain because somedays it feels like I am trying to move a mountain in doing this and seeing very little results. I am so result driven that I have to remind myself (often) that this is a journey, it won't happen over night.  It's part of my logic also to only weighing and measuring myself every two weeks.  It can be very discouraging if I were to do those every week and so very little results.

For the past two weeks I have been working the big muscle groups Abs and legs with some arm work.  I was doing so well then I pulled a muscle in my back and had to slow down.  Let's look back at where I was in the beginning.

Total Inches 388.25
Total pounds 220.
Bicep curls 10lbs 1 set of 15 reps after two weeks 10lbs 3 sets of 15 reps
Tricep Extensions 5 lbs 1 set of 15 reps after two weeks  10 lbs 3 sets of 15
Shoulder raises 5 lbs 1 set of 15 reps after two weeks  10 lbs 3 sets of 15
Squats 10 lbs 30 total after two weeks  10 lbs 75 total
Lunges 10 lbs 20 total after two weeks 10 lbs 60 total

Photo comparison start to week 2


The results of my first two weeks are as follows: Total Inches 380.25 (-8)
Total weight 209 lbs


It has now been another two weeks.  The focus has been the Abdominal area and some leg work.  I have gone for runs and played soccer and been doing crunches.  I used to be able to do 3 sets of 30 crunches without breaking a sweat, I sat down to do my first set of crunches and was lucky I could get to 15.  This will take some time but I am amped up.  At the end of my two weeks I am now able to do three 25 second planks in a row with a short 10 second break.  I am able to do 40 crunches before I am exhausted.  I continue to do 3 sets of 15 reps with my 10 lbs weight for bicep and tricep workouts.  I am up to a total of 85 squats and 70 lunges.

I did my measurements today and because this last two weeks has been a little lackluster with my workouts and such I didn't expect much.  Seriously, I was going to be excited with maintaining what I had lost last time.  But as I did my measurements I found that I had dropped another 10.25 inches.  SWEET!!!  Maybe some of that muscle I built started to eat my left over fat deposits!! The scale even says I am down 2 pounds so ok I can handle this.  I will post a picture to this after, I am trying to keep my pictures in the same outfit to get a better comparison and those are in the laundry right now.

I'm happy with my progression it's slow and steady but along the way I am building routines and good habits to help me stay healthy. Because Healthy is the new Skinny!!! (This is not my saying but it is my new mantra!!!) Check out Healthy is the New Skinny here, the founder is an amazing Girl Boss!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five