A "New" computer!!

So my Mac book had been getting really slow and it almost seemed like I had a virus or something on it.  Emails were being sent to people that I had never sent an email too (sorry about that didn't know until some of the failed delivery notifications showed up in my inbox) and just loading things took FOREVER.

I had to make it to Calgary to drop off my Waiver form and ID to Becky for Seawheeze (sad story but I will blog about it later).  So I made an appointment at the Genius Bar to have my Mac looked at.  I had to back up all the files I wanted (my writing and my photos) Which I did and away to Calgary we went.

It seemed like there was no virus on my computer but it had a lot of Malware and it was uber slow.  So they took it into the back room and wiped it clean.  SO now I have a basically new computer.

It's awesome to have my computer back and running correctly, but there have been a few OMG moments.

Like my Sims 4 game it was all gone and I had to redownload everything.  Problem being when I went into my origin account my games were all gone and it kept saying I had no games.  I took a deep breath to keep from freaking out and messaged online support, they were able to help me and I got all my games back, just not any of the sims I had been using previously.

Another thing that is different is I don't have direct access to my hard drive anymore.  I used to have an icon on my desktop with it but now that's gone so I don't actually know how to find all my applications and things.  It's a little frustrating, but I will figure it out.

The only big problem that I am finding right now is that some of my pictures do not want to download back onto my computer from the backup.  An error message keeps showing up saying the "metadata" is not available or something.  Uber frustrating and it's for like half my pictures so I am not sure what to do.  I have to figure out which pictures did transfer and which haven't.  It's not horrible but I need to learn how to better organize my iPhotos so that the photos get grouped into files that make sense to me and not just by date.

So hopefully this helps eliminate my spamming email problem.  The speed of the computer has definitely improved.  And I am so glad I didn't have to buy a new one!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five