Friday Five: Five books I've loved this summer!!

I've loved a lot of books this summer.  More than working out, more than watching television I have loved all the reading I have been able to do!! And so many good books.  I may not have taken all the vacations I wished I could have this year, but I got to travel to so many unique worlds and meet so many characters through the books that I don't feel like I missed anything.  So here are my top 5 books from this summer!!

1) Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
I  tried reading this book back in the winter and just could not get into it then. I really tried but I just was not in the mood.  So I shelved it promising to come back to it at a later date to give it one more go.  I am so glad I did but so sad I didn't take the rest of the series out at the same time because now I have to wait until school starts before I can read them.  If you aren't into fantasy this book will not be for you, but if you like those alternate universe with fantastical creatures that live amongst us then this is a perfect book for you.





2) The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
I am a HUGE fan of Rick Riordan, for two reasons, one he writes on topics that I am obsessed with (the Gods specifically the Greek Gods, but I have read his Egyptian and Roman God Series) and two he was the author that made my son, Chandler a reader.  This is his latest in his Greek God's section. It revolves around Apollo! So if you want a nice easy read try this book it will introduce you to some interesting characters and funny mishaps has they work through their adventure!



3) The Girl who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen
This was a happenstance find, I was picking out books to read this summer and this one just happened to jump out at me.  Twice actually! I don't mean literally jump but I had gone by it the first time and thought it would be interesting but I didn't take any books the first day so the next time I came i had a few that were on my mind but I couldn't remember this books title, so as I was looking through the shelves it was like a spot light was on it for how I was drawn to it.  And such a great book, again another in the fantasy genre.  I really like the ideas of alternate universes where things are just a little different. But so so good!!

4) The First Stone by Don Aker
This book was a suggestion by my schools Librarian.  It's a realistic fiction book about the consequences and lessons we must learn that come from our actions.  I really liked how they weaved the story together the different perspectives shedding light on what each character had to overcome and the obstacles in their way.






5) The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
I know I know so many people have already read this book. It was a good book but it was never a real draw, it was one of those books that I was like yeah I'll read it one of these days and I kept putting it off because other books came up that I was more interested in.  But such a good book, such a good murder mystery that you can't help but start to feel for the main character even though she has some questionable  characteristics.  I spent a good part of the book shaking my head at her, but as things started falling into place I basically felt bad about my judgements.

So those are five of the 15 books I have to read this year. I have two left to go and two weeks left in which to read them, I think i should be good to accomplish this task!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}