Antsy to get back to working out

It's so hard being in recovery, and it's not even that my recovery is going bad. In fact I would say it is going fabulously.  I am pretty much doing everything I used to be doing save for one thing.  Working out aerobically (Sad face).

I love being able to work out, going to classes, visiting with people and feeling the sweat pouring down my back.  It's a glorious feeling and it helps me feel so alive.  And now I am benched.  All I can do is watch everyone else have fun in workout class and I am sitting on the sidelines moping.


Well no more!!!

 I am determined that I will continue to workout and if nothing else my stamina for workouts will be the same or greater than it was before my surgery.  I have a stationary bike that I am using at least 4 days a week and I have light weights I can use to continue to tone and tighten this glorious body that God Gave me!!

My workout regime is going to go like this.  Monday, Wednesday, Friday and a weekend day I will bike for an episode of Gilmore Girls on Netflix, that means that is 45 minutes of vigorous biking.  I am also going to dedicate 30 minutes every day to a gentle stretching yoga routine. I have a few bedtime routines that I actually really enjoy doing so just to print them out and get back into gear with them.  Tuesday and Thursday I am going to get up and do some form of exercise with weights and get on the ball, I am also going to do a 30 minute walk after school if the weather is cooperative.  Sorry, not sorry, I am not walking outside when it is colder than -15.

I can essentially use any five pound weights and do any exercise that does not require me to jump or bounce.  The giggling of the breasts is really very painful, but anything else and I am good to go.

So here is to working out my lower body, abs and arms.  We will let the chest rest for a bit!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

Day in the Life Friday Five