Canada 150!!!

Don't let the frown fool you, he had a good time, he was just pretending to be sad. In fact he wanted my camera and because I wouldn't let him have it he decided to put out the big lip!!

Canada is now 150 years old! That's a pretty significant event especially if you consider that our first 150 years have been fairly peaceful, there haven't been a lot of wars fought on Canadian soil or disputes about Canadian borders.  I don't know if there are many countries in the world who can make that claim.
Canada is celebrating our 150 in a variety of ways, free park passes, free library cards (thank you RDPL!!), big fireworks on Canada day, and many more.  I am happy to partake in them all. Canada is a wonderful country and I am so happy to call this place home! I look forward to the next 50 years of Canada being a shining example of what the world should strive for, even if we forget parts of our country every now and then (I'm looking at you Mr. Prime Minister).  

Happy Canada Day (I know it's late), but have a great 150th birthday year and may our celebration lead us into being a world leader in how it is done!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favourites!! Friday Five Link Up

40th Birthday Bucket List

My Heart Belongs in.... {Friday Five}